Matt Earl’s new short – big news at the Sunday Times this weekend: Meet him in person on September 23
By Tom Winnifrith | Monday 24 April 2023
The Dark Destroyer has built up a sizeable short in ASOS (ASC) the Sunday Times blasted yesterday. Perhaps he’s been reading ShareProphets as we’ve been bearish for a long while. I discussed this in bearcast yesterday. But would you like to meet Matt in person as he is a lead speaker at ShareStock on September 23. There is more.
The speakers at ShareStock do not just speak and then bugger off in a limo. They will ALL be hanging around, having a beer or pizza on the lawn, there to chat with attendees, informally answering your questions and giving additional insight. That is one reason that makes this event just so different from all the other “shows” where the only folks hanging around al day are penny share grifters trying to persuade you to invest in their duff AIM stocks.
It is exactly five months days to ShareStock 2023 but already more than half the seats for September 23rd are booked out with the number bagged up by 15% in the past fortnight alone.
As was the case last year the whole day will be irreverent, relaxed and fun! In fact with my new guest speakers it will be even more irreverent and controversial. And after the talks as you eat your home cooked supper on the lawn there is music and comedy.
1. Jim Mellon is a Sunday Times Rich List star sometimes described as Britain’s Buffett (along with a few other folk!). We have had our well-publicised differences in the past but nobody cannot say that Jim is a thoughtful and entertaining speaker. He will be flying in to headline the show.
2. Matt Earl, aka the Dark Destroyer, is probably now the UK’s highest profile short seller. His reports on the Shadowfall website move markets and Matt never holds back.
3. Lucian Miers, another bear who you may know well from ShareProphets and from the 2022 show.
4. Dominic Frisby is a libertarian singer/comedian but also a well know writer and author on gold and bitcoin. He is a bit of a bull. I am not. Dominic will not only be taking part in the store of value panel session but after the main event, as you enjoy a home cooked supper, he will be joined on stage by a Gilet Jaune for a musical & comedy performance.
5. Peter Brailey, who you may also know well from ShareProphets, on oil prices, oil stocks to short – like Pantheon his big call from 2022 – and energy prices.
6 & 7. Dominic Frisby will join returning speaker Peter Hambro and myself in the store of value session: bitcoin or gold
8,9, 10 & 11 and 12. CEOs Steve O’Hara of Optibiotix and the star of 2022, Brian Kinane of Riverfort Global Opportunities, Cathal Friel of Open Orphan, Colin Patterson of gold miner Bluebird and Nick Lee of Pires Investments.
13. Paul Jourdan the very clever boss of fund manager Amati. Not only clever but principled.
14. Evil Banksta, a razor sharp mind whose track record as an investor, long and short, is second to none. He will be on stage in a “fireside chat” with myself. We can both be very rude.
15. Not a star but I will also be on stage not just with Evil Banksta and with Frisby where I shall show who is the real comedian!!
And we will also have the River Dee fishing, pizzas, home grown food for breakfast, lunch, tea and ( if you want) supper, my son Joshua’s croquet contest – with the lawn a bit flatter and more forgiving – as much Cheshire Cat, Wrexham lager, wine, lavender cordial and nettle beer as you can drink. I might have even built a jetty to allow more easy access to the river for your salmon or pike fishing.
My family and I look forward to meeting you again at our home in September. Now back from Greece we are working hard on a few more upgrades to the place, including the demolition of the “snake barn” to make way for producing more home-grown food and hope you approve when you come here