9 Months away – Sharestock now more than 40% booked out! Grab your seat now
By Tom Winnifrith | Wednesday 1 February 2023
Disclosure: I own shares in one or more of the stocks mentioned. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from ShareProphets). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
The big tent is now booked for ShareStock on September 23 this year. It will seat around 100 folks but already more than 40 of those seats have been reserved. And it is now wonder given who is speaking and all the other attractions. We might even have a jetty for you fisherman to try to grab a salmon or a pike on the day. That project is in hand. But the speakers are lining up.
The big name speakers, in no particular order, are:
1. Jim Mellon is a Sunday Times Rich List star sometimes described as Britain’s Buffett (along with a few other folk!). We have had our well-publicised differences in the past but nobody cannot say that Jim is a thoughtful and entertaining speaker. He will be flying in to headline the show.
2. Matt Earl, aka the Dark Destroyer, is probably now the UK’s highest profile short seller. His reports on the Shadowfall brand move markets and Matt never holds back.
3. Lucian Miers, another bear who you know well.
4. Dominic Frisby is a libertarian singer/comedian but also a well know writer and author on gold and bitcoin. He is a bit of a bull. I am not. Dominic will not only be taking part in the store of value panel session but after the main event, as you enjoy a home cooked supper, he will be joined on stage by a Gilet Jaune for a musical performance.
5. Peter Brailey, who you also know well, on oil prices, oil stocks to short – like Pantheon his big call from 2022 – and energy prices.
6. Veteran gold guru Malcolm Burne is also up to speed on crypto and will join Dominic and returning speaker Peter Hambro in the store of value (gold vs bitcoin) session.
7. CEOs Steve O’Hara of Optibiotix (OPTI) and a big star of 2022, Brian Kinane of Riverfort Global (RGO)
The list is not complete. There will be 2 more CEOs getting a grilling and two more big name speakers on the main stage. I hope to unveil them over the next few weeks.
There will be some other changes from 2022, all improvements. We will have a really big screen in the big tent so everyone can see Jim’s slides as I know he always has a lot.
And we will also have the fishing, pizzas, home grown food, Joshua’s croquet contest – with the lawn a bit flatter and more forgiving – Cheshire Cat ale and Wrexham lager, lavender cordial and nettle beer as well. I might have even built a jetty to allow more easy access to the river for your salmon or pike fishing. I have a friend helping with the catering so it will be a bit more organised, coffee will be flowing from 8.45. Those who attended know it is a relaxed and fun day. Not formal at all.
All in all, I know it will be an even better show than in 2022.
PS I know there were some complaints about lack of local accommodation in 2022. I have expanded the list of places to look at and with almost a year to go I am sure you will; have plenty of choice on where to reserve. Those hotels and B&Bs are HERE
This story is available to all readers
ShareProphets is reader-supported journalism
Become a member starting at £6.99 per month for all articles, the Bearcast, and our seven year archive.