Tom Winnifrith: Are you coming to Sharestock this September 23 – now just 7, no FOUR, tickets left
By Tom Winnifrith | Monday 28 August 2023
Disclosure: I own shares in one or more of the stocks mentioned. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from ShareProphets). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
Two weeks ago there were 20 tickets left. On Saturday there were 7. Now, almost a month before Sharestock there are just FOUR unbooked.
And here is why you should come back to Deeside Farm on September 23
Instead of home grown and made salad and village baked pizza at lunchtime we have been forced to drop the pizza and bring in Chef Vijay who catered to my wedding and produces the most amazing Indian food. The salad stays. I am bringing in a professional tent firm so the tents will be a bit smarter and less likely to blow away during the day and I am also getting in some young ladies to manage the cooking of our home-grown food, coffee, tea and copious drinks. That will reduce the stress I feel and also ensure vast amounts of coffee and tea is ready from 8.30 AM.
And in terms of new speakers, we welcome Britain’s Buffett Jim Mellon, top fund manager Paul Jourdan, comedian and bitcoin guru Dominic Frisby and bear raider Matt Earl, the “Dark Destroyer”. And Dominic and a Gilet Jaune will also be doing a music set at the end over supper.
As was the case last year the whole day will be irreverent, relaxed and fun! In fact with my new guest speakers it will be even more irreverent and controversial. That I can promise.
1. Jim Mellon is a Sunday Times Rich List star sometimes described as Britain’s Buffett (along with a few other folk!). We have had our well-publicised differences in the past but nobody cannot say that Jim is a thoughtful and entertaining speaker. He will be flying in to headline the show.
2. Matt Earl, aka the Dark Destroyer, is probably now the UK’s highest profile short seller. His reports on the Shadowfall website move markets and Matt never holds back.
3. Lucian Miers, another bear who you may know well from ShareProphets and from the 2022 show.
4 & 5 Dominic Frisby is a libertarian singer/comedian but also a well know writer and author on gold and bitcoin. He is a bit of a bull. I am not. Dominic will not only be taking part in the store of value panel session but after the main event, as you enjoy a home cooked supper, he will be joined on stage by a Gilet Jaune for a musical & comedy performance.
6. Peter Brailey, who you may also know well from ShareProphets, on oil prices, oil stocks to short – like Pantheon his big call from 2022 – and energy prices.
7. Dominic Frisby will join returning speaker Peter Hambro and myself in the store of value session: bitcoin or gold?
8,9, 10 & 11 and 12. CEOs Steve O’Hara of Optibiotix and the star of 2022, Brian Kinane of Riverfort Global Opportunities, Cathal Friel of Open Orphan, Colin Patterson of gold miner Bluebird and Nick Lee of Pires Investments.
13. Paul Jourdan the very clever boss of fund manager Amati. Not only clever but principled.
14. Evil Banksta, a razor sharp mind whose track record as an investor, long and short, is second to none. He will be on stage in a “fireside chat” with myself. We can both be very rude.
15. Not a star but I will also be on stage not just with Evil Banksta and with Frisby where I shall show who is the real comedian!!
And we will also have the River Dee fishing (salmon and coarse fish), home grown food for breakfast, lunch, tea and (if you want) supper, my son Joshua’s croquet contest – with the lawn, mowed again yesterday, a bit flatter and more forgiving than in 2022 – as much Cheshire Cat IPA, Wrexham lager, wine, lavender cordial and nettle beer as you can drink. And I have just extended the orchard area so giving one more nearby spot for salmon or pike fishing.
The last talk ends at 5.30 PM but then there is a supper (cold salmon, stuffed home grown marrows, etc) if you want it, Dominic Frisby with his jokes and songs and the free bar stays open until 9 PM or when we have run out of booze. Last year that was well after 9!